Abstracts - Peel Painting 1 - Setup Basics
Hack Your Way Into Easy Acrylic Abstract Painting Fast with Press and Peel Methods for the Non-Artist
A Peel Painting is paint squeezed between 2 surfaces then pulled apart to reveal fascinating texture lines. It's a painting made fast, takes no skill, great results happen, and creates duplication. If you start with thick paint, you can keep pressing to get up to 4 paintings.
Artists are always complaining about having blocks, not being able to draw, confidence issues, being good enough, no time, no ideas, have shaky hands, takes too long and is too hard to learn, and not being able to make enough paintings fast enough. This all changes now with Peel Painting.
How this will change your life:
- Non-artists will be able to make sophisticated paintings easily
- Get paintings created fast even if you have no time
- You feel you have no talent but want to create fun art easy
- You won't have to learn how to draw!
- Don't know what to paint next? See fun shapes appear out of nowhere automatically
- Paint now even if you have shaky hands
- Exercises will get you through Artist's Block or being in a "slump"
- If you're an art teacher or art therapist, you will have a resource of projects to do with your students on their path to fun or healing
- Be able to create many works in a fast amount of time
- No need for photos to copy now or copyright hassles, by creating from your imagination
- Paint looser now & more free form
- Decorate your home for cheap in a unique way
- Cover over messed up paintings so no painting is a waste
- Knowing how to transfer a peel to canvas will make no waste of paint
- Find an escape that is productive & rewarding
- Get calming stress relief
This course is the first in a series about how even a non-artist can set up for creating easy Peel Paintings, and is laid out to help you get set up to manage multiple paintings and how to make each clone look different from the other. By the end of the course you will know about what supplies, paints, and canvas deals to get, how to pick the best colors, how to set up a cheap drying and storage solution, how to transfer a peel to waste absolutely no paint, and have gone through a few exercises to making fascinating paintings. Peel Paintings course 2 and 3 are about what tools and techniques can be used to enhance your peels, and are still in the making.
This course would be great taken internationally, as acrylic paints are more readily available than just thicker paints I normally speak of from the USA.
Benefits & Skills you will gain:
- Hack your way into painting an easy way
- Be creative & paint from your imagination instead of relying on copying a picture
- Have more fun when you create
- Paint without having to draw!
- Build up inventory fast for a show
- No time? Get paintings done fast now!
- Be prolific and learn how to make many good works in a fast amount of time
- For most any age, profession, artist or non-artist, anyone wanting to learn abstract art
Included in the Course:
1. Quick Start Guide
2. Canvas Types Guide
3. Formula for Getting Thick Paint in Bulk
4. Ruler Measurement Cheat Sheet
5. Color Wheel Templates
6. Paint Chart
PreviewSupplies Intro (3:07)
StartSpecial Paper - Peeling Dried Paint Off Paper (1:38)
StartHow your Artwork "Size" Affects the Size Canvas you Get (1:33)
StartStoring Paper Peel Transfers (6:05)
StartHow to Transfer Paper Peels to Canvas (3:28)
StartIntro to Canvases (0:49)
StartCanvas Types Guide
StartWhat happens if You Get Bowing in the Canvas? (3:12)
StartRuler Measurement Cheat Sheet
StartWhat to Consider when Buying a Support
StartSupply List & Tips
StartCoupons - Where to Get Canvas Deals
StartEXERCISE: Choose a support to try from the Canvas Types Guide
"Ruth offers a ton of "behind the scenes" information in this course. Like where do I put the paintings to dry? What are the best supplies and tools AND where to buy them! She makes sure we understand which things are really important by going over them step by step! I didn't know what I didn't know!"
- Lorian Rivers, Entrepreneur
"Your course is easy to understand and simple to follow."
- Darlene Dutton
"Love your passion and humor in sharing you techniques."
- Michelle Robinson
"Great teaching style, I learned a lot and love this technique!"
- Kerry Milauskas
I have explored what many mediums can do, painting my whole life and starting these fun textures before 1998. See examples of how these sculpted paintings have developed at www.SculptedPaint.com. This "Thick Painting" style is made from using cool tools you might already have in your kitchen, & I have some pretty outrageous techniques to share so you can get fun effects. More about my experience:
- Certificate in Computer Graphics
- AS degree
- First painting as a business, was an international sale to Bristol, England
- Developed drying on separate layers process for the fine art world.
- 3D Zebra Stripes Painting - November 05, 2016
- First Ever Free-Standing Paint Sculpture - February 29, 2016
- Galaxy Painting in 3D - August 31, 2016
- No-Poke Thorned Rose - September 09, 2015
- Impasto Pieces - July 08, 2015
- Peel Paintings - March 14, 2015
- Turn Unused Palette Paint into Sculptures - December 29, 2014
- Crocheting Paint - June 28, 2013
- Solid Round Ball Shape - April 28, 2013
- Braided Paint - April 15, 2013
- 3D Starfish Made of All Paint - May 25, 2012
- Lace - March 28, 2012
- Separate Drying Layer - April 24, 2011
- Jellyfish Squish - April 11, 2008
- Downloadable Templates - July 22, 2008